About Me

My photo
Hello! My name is Jess and I love to do anything creative and artsy in any way. I'm always wanting to learn new methods and improve my skills, musically & artistically. I started blogging initially to share what was going on in my life, but now I am using it as a business tool, as well as sharing with my friends artsy fartsy things I've made and learned! I love to paint and make custom art, if there's anything you need, please let me know, I always love a challenge! I hope you enjoy reading, come back often!!

Betty, Doris, Audrey, Ingrid, & Katharine!


So...I'm weird. The other night, Kev and I were watching Jay Leno and Betty White was one of the guests. I LOVE Betty. She cracks me up. During the show I mentioned to Kev how pretty Betty White was when she was younger and I looked up a pic on Google to show him. He agreed that she was very pretty and that was kinda the end of our conversation. In the process of looking up the pic I had saved it to my phone and a few days later I was flipping through my pictures and saw it. I thought to myself, "Hmmmm...Sarahbeth loves Betty White, I'll make that her picture id in my phone." That got me to thinking. What if I made all the "Ladies" pics in my phone their favorite old movie actress? So I started looking up old pictures, and texting my girls. They told me who they like, and here they are:

Sarahbeth: The one who started it all. Sarah is sassy just like Betty all the way, and you never know what might come out of her mouth! Betty is one of those actresses that you can't NOT like! She's been in biz for 62 years and she's a trooper deluxe. Here's to you Betty Boo!


Mandy: She LOVES Doris Day. I think she has seen more movies with Doris in them than any other movie star. (She's Mandy's woman-crush I think.)I personally haven't seen a single Doris Day movie, but she looks pretty amazingly cool, and she kinda makes me think of Mandy!


Jenna: Jenna was the most nonchalant about picking her actress. She's not really into old movies, but she picked Audrey and that's saying something. Breakfast at Tiffany's, My Fair Lady, Wait Until Dark, Sabrina, Roman Holiday... She's the "it" girl when it comes to classic movies, to be sure. I personally LOVE Audrey Hepburn, and I love Jenna too!


Krystle: I sent out a list of actresses to be picked from, and Ingrid wasn't on it. Krystle came up with her all on her own. That's so textbook Krystle, she's her own person, always has been. Ingrid is a star I'm not 100% familiar with, I know she was in Casablanca and The Bells of St. Mary's, but one thing I DO know, is she's the momma of one of my favorite actresses Isabella Rossellini, and she seemed to be alot like Krystle: her own person and everyone loved her for it!


And then there's me: My favorite classic actress of all time is Katharine Hepburn. She could do tomboy, she could do elegant, but I more than anything, she was a tomboy at heart. (Kinda like me, except for the elegant part) :) Some of my favorite films; Bringing Up Baby, The African Queen, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, and even later in her career, On Golden Pond. I mean, she dated Howard Hughes for crying out loud!


Anyway, that's my list! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope the ladies know how much I love 'em!
Jess

5 comments:

Mandy Deitering said...

Love you back! Doris can sing....which is why she is my girl crush, and she is super hilarious. We'll have to have a Doris Day marathon and you will see why I lurve her so much!!!!!!!!! I like Katherine tooo. :)

Jerskuh said...

I know Doris can sing! I told Mary Lou that you liked Doris, and she said, "Yeah, Doris Day started out as a singer and a hoofer." At first I thought she said "hooker" but she clarified it! She said a "hoofer" was a dancer back in the day. That's your lesson for today... :)

Mandy Deitering said...

HA!yeah, i think she got in an accident or something and the doctors said she would never dance again....but she did. :)

Krystle said...

Howard Hughes was OCD...did you know that?? I'm sure if you saw the aviator you knew that...

Jerskuh said...

Yes I knew HH was OCD. He was a germaphobe deluxe. I'm just saying she dated an uber famous, ridiculously rich, mysterious dude that changed the way we look at aviation. That's pretty dang cool! :)

Post a Comment